So we are looking for a Sustainability Office Assistant.
About the role
This position is primarily focussed on supporting the Okeover Community Garden, but will also involve support for other Sustainability Office projects and programmes from time to time.
This is a casual position for 6 hours per week @ $18 p/h, starting soon! At this stage, the position is guaranteed till the end of April 2017.
Community Garden maintenance
The Okeover Community Garden is a key project of the Sustainability Office. To ensure it is kept in good condition, the following tasks need to be fulfilled:
- Soil fertility management; e,g, composting and crop rotation
- Tool sharpening
- Shed cleaning
- Pest, disease and disorder management
- Harvesting and distribution
- Reporting: (attendance and harvest statistics)
Community Garden Coordination
Volunteers attend the community garden on a weekly basis and it is essential that the person in this role is there to welcome, direct and instruct volunteers as they arrive, and maintain a happy, healthy group culture:
- Facilitate group meetings (and take notes)
- Relationship management
- Community engagement
- Welcoming new gardeners (including doing inductions)
- Organising afternoon teas
- Providing instruction or direction for volunteers as appropriate.
- Managing health and safety requirements in the gardens.
Other tasks as required
From time to time the Sustainability Office will require the Sustainability Office Assistant to assist with other projects.
This position will report to the Sustainability Advocate or a delegated staff member.
- Organic gardening knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Time management
- Community gardening or other gardening work
- Community development work
Applications must be made by 5pm Monday 12 December.
Please send a brief cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org