Hello and welcome to our UC Bicycle Users Group, UC BUG!
The purpose of a Bicycle Users Group at UC is to further promote and encourage cycling at UC. We have created UC BUG to provide a space for cycle support and cycling advocacy for our University community, both on and off campus.
As a member of UC BUG, you can have your say about cycling related issues on campus, as well as becoming involved in events, workshops and campaigns throughout the year. It’s also an awesome way to meet other riders, have your voice heard, and learn about the best routes in the city!
The aim of UC BUG is to:
- Represent cyclists at UC, both students and staff, alongside other existing cycling groups and clubs on campus
- Provide support to cyclists who use UC cycling facilities
- Encourage more members of our UC community to cycle, by raising the profile of cycling at UC
- Run events, social rides and gatherings, and hold maintenance and safety workshops for our cycling community
- Provide information about cycling facilities, services, infrastructure and routes at UC, and in the city.
The group is open to anyone at the University of Canterbury, especially those that cycle and who have an interest in the facilities provided on campus. Undergraduate and postgraduate students, academic and general staff are all welcome to join UC BUG and contribute towards the cycling community at UC.
To sign up for BUG officially, please fill in the form here. By doing this, you’ll receive occasional emails with information and updates on activities, workshops, events and social rides, as well as invitations to the next BUG meeting – straight to your inbox!
Otherwise, for all the latest news and discussions from UC BUG, keep your eyes on this blog page! If anyone has something they would like to share to this blog, please email email@example.com.
Sign up here, to stay in the loop with all things cycling on campus!